Forms and Applications
Auxiliary & Hall of Fame Qualifications
There are a number of qualifications that an auxiliary member must meet before being honored in the Auxiliary Hall of Fame. These include participation in the State Auxiliary Association and contributions to their community.The following is a list of the qualifications for nominations to the Auxiliary Hall of Fame:
- Must have been a member of the state auxiliary with active participation for at least 10 years. Membership in the National Auxiliary is not a requirement but points for membership will apply.
- Participation for at least 10 years in business activities related to the auctioneering profession. Examples include real estate, clerking, office management, part ownership, etc.
- Must have a combined total of at least 50 points from the chart included with the application form. No more than 10 points can be from civic, religious, or community work.
- Persons to be considered will be people who by their actions and conduct exemplify high standards of honesty, integrity, and leadership in their profession and in their community.
Nebraska Auctioneer of the Year Nomination Form
- Nominee must be a member of the Nebraska Auctioneers Association
- Nominee must have been in the auction business at least five years
- Nominee must show the following characteristics:
- Leadership and Professionalism
- Creative and Technological Ideas and Advances
- Civic Involvement
- Association Involvement
- Mentoring of other Auctioneers
Winner will be awarded a plaque, belt buckle and a western hat at the annual convention.
NeAA Hall Of Fame Nomination Form
- Please include an essay outlining the nominee’s lifetime contributions to both the Nebraska Auctioneers Association and the auctioneer industry.
- Please return to the Association office by April 1st, 2018. Forms and documentation may be scanned and
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
PO BOX 150
Rising City, NE 68658-0150
2018 Nebraska Auctioneers Association Auctioneer & Ringman Championship
Location, Time and Date:
- Auctioneer Contest Preliminary Round & Finals: 12:00 p.m., with mandatory contestant drawing order 11:00 a.m., Saturday July 28, 2018, Adams County Fairgrounds Hastings, Nebraska.
- Ringman Competition: 12:00 p.m., with mandatory contestant drawing order 11:00 a.m., Adams County Fairgrounds Hastings, Nebraska (Will be held in conjunction with the Auctioneer Contest. Contestants may enter both)
Eligibility of Auctioneers & Ringman Contestants: Any member of the Nebraska Auctioneers Association is eligible to participate. We welcome any new members from other states.
Auctioneer Entry Fee: Member of NeAA, $50.00; Non-Member, $150.00 which includes $100.00 membership dues and $50.00 contest fees; First-year of business auctioneer, $130.00 which includes $80.00 membership dues and $50.00 contest fee. Contest limited to first 30 entries. Minimum age requirement of 17 years.
Ringman Entry Fee: $25.00. Contest is limited to first 20 entries. Minimum age requirement of 17 years. All entries must be completed by Saturday July 28, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. (Day of the Contest). Early registration is appreciated.
Check In: All contestants are required to check in at the auction by 11:00 a.m. to receive identification badges and draw for their order in the auction.
Dress Code: Suggested Business Attire - Please, no jeans, tennis shoes, or baseball caps.
Men: sport coat and tie or suit; Women: business appropriate attire.
Contestant Position: Each contestant will draw for their order in the auction at 11:00 a.m. Each contestant must appear on the stage as his or her name or number is called by the Master of Ceremonies. Any contestant failing to appear in the order assigned will receive a ten-point penalty and appear at the next opening as directed by the Master of Ceremonies. Judges and Judging: A panel of selected judges for the contest will score Auctioneer contestants in the following categories: (1) appearance and poise; (2) introduction and command; (3) salesmanship, eye contact, body language, and crowd survey; (4) chant, clarity, speed, and rhythm. The judges' decision is final. Ringman contestants will be scored in the following categories: (1) appearance; (2) enthusiasm; (3) salesmanship, eye contact, and crowd survey; (4) effective communication of buyer participation to the auctioneer. The judges' decision is final. Contest Procedures: In the first round of the Auctioneer competition, each contestant will sell three items. The items will be part of the Bergman Family collection. Judges will select up to 10 contestants limited to no more than 50% of the total contestants to advance to the finals. In the case of a tie, all contestants tied for the last position will be eligible to participate in the finals. During the final round, each contestant will participate in a short interview in a room adjacent to the auction and then sell three items. Finalists will be sequestered during the interviews, any attempt to circumvent the integrity of this rule, including use of electronic devices, will result in disqualification. In the event of a tie, each contestant will sell one additional item, alternating order, until the tie is broken. The results of each contestant’s individual scoring will be mailed to them.
In the Ringman competition, each contestant will work with an auctioneer from the staff of Ruhter Auction & Realty, Inc.
Awards: The Auctioneer competition winner will receive entry fee to the 2019 International Auctioneers Championship in New Orleans, Louisiana along with registration to the National Auctioneer Association Convention and $500. The Reserve Champion will receive $300, Runner-up will receive $200. All will receive a plaque, including top rookie (three years of auctioneering experience or less). The Ringman competition winner will receive the Jon Moravec Memorial Ringman award.
Declaration of Contest: This is a live auction of fine antiques & collectibles from the Bergman Family private collection. By entering this contest each contestant agrees to act in the best interest of the Bergman Family.
Announcements made the day of competition take precedence over all previous announcements. The Contest Chair shall establish all final rules and procedures.
Contest Chair: Travis Augustin || (402) 469-0219 cell
Be sure to use forms included in the packet and that all forms are complete. Please use this checklist when returning your scholarship packet. Return the application information packet via certified mail to Heather Schultis POSTMARKED BY March 15, 2019. Please email Heather at email@example.com to let her know your scholarship application has been sent.
Winners will be notified by MAY 1, 2019.