Forms and Applications
Auxiliary Hall of Fame Qualifications & 2021 Application Form
Qualifications:There are a number of qualifications that an auxiliary member must meet before being honored in the Auxiliary Hall of Fame. These include participation in the State Auxiliary Association and contributions to their community. The following is a list of the qualifications for nominations to the Auxiliary Hall of Fame:
- Must have been a member of the state auxiliary with active participation for at least 10 years. Membership in the National Auxiliary is not a requirement.
- Participation for at least 10 years in business activities related to the auctioneering profession. Examples include real estate, clerking, office management, part ownership, etc.
- Persons to be considered will be people who by their actions and conduct exemplify high standards of honesty, integrity, and leadership in their profession and in their community.
Nebraska Auctioneer of the Year Nomination Form 2021
- Nominee must be a member of the Nebraska Auctioneers Association
- Nominee must have been in the auction business at least five years
- Nominee must show the following characteristics:
- Leadership and Professionalism
- Creative and Technological Ideas and Advances
- Civic Involvement
- Association Involvement
- Mentoring of other Auctioneers
PO BOX 150 Rising City, NE 68658-0150
NeAA Hall Of Fame Nomination Form-2021
- Please include an essay outlining the nominee’s lifetime contributions to both the Nebraska Auctioneers Association and the auctioneer industry.
- Must be postmarked to the Association office by Monday, March 1st, 2021. Forms and documentation may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
PO BOX 150 Rising City, NE 68658-0150
2021 Nebraska Auctioneers Association Auctioneer & Ringman Championship
Location, Time and Date:
- auctioneer Contest Preliminary Round & Finals: 12:00 p.m. (NOON), with contestant check-in starting at 10:00 AM, mandatory contestant drawing order 11:00 AM on Friday, April 30, 2021, at C3 Hotel and Convention Center, Hastings, Nebraska.
- Ringman Competition: 12:00 p.m. (NOON), with contestant check-in starting at 10:00 AM, mandatory contestant drawing order 11:00 AM on Friday, April 30, 2021, at C3 Hotel and Convention Center, Hastings, Nebraska. (Will be held in conjunction with the auctioneer Contest)
Eligibility of Auctioneers & Ringman Contestants: Any member of the Nebraska Auctioneers Association is eligible to participate. We welcome any new members from other states.
Entry Fee and Closing Date: Contest Entry Fees: Member of NeAA, $50.00; Non-Member, $150.00 which includes $100.00 membership dues and $50.00 contest fees; First year of business auctioneer, $130.00 which includes $80.00 membership dues and $50.00 contest fee. Contestant will bring two items to be sold at the contest. Contest limited to first 40 entries. Minimum age requirement of 17 years.
Ringman Entry Fee: $50.00 plus an item valued at $25 minimum to be sold at the contest. Contest is limited to first 20 entries. Minimum age requirement of 17 years. Contestants competing in both the Ringman and auctioneer contest only need to provide two items valued at $25 minimum per item. All entries must check-in and confirm participation and registration starting at 10:00 AM, Friday, April 30th (Day of the Contest). Early registration is appreciated.
Check In: All contestants are required to check in at the auction starting at 10:00 AM and no later than by 11:00 AM to receive identification badges and draw for their order in the auction along with items to sell.
Dress Code: Suggested Business Attire - Please, no jeans, tennis shoes, or baseball caps. Men: sport coat and tie or suit; hat is optional. Women: business appropriate attire.
Contestant Position: Each contestant will draw for their order in the auction at 11:00 AM. Drawing for order will be adjusted according to number of participants. Each contestant must appear on the stage as his or her name or number is called by the Master of Ceremonies. Any contestant failing to appear in the order assigned will receive a ten-point penalty and appear at the next opening as directed by the Master of Ceremonies.
Judges and Judging: A panel of selected judges for the contest will score auctioneer contestants in the following categories: (1) appearance and poise; (2) introduction and command; (3) salesmanship, eye contact, body language, and crowd survey; (4) chant, clarity, speed, and rhythm. The judges' decision is final.
Ringman contestants will be scored in the following categories: (1) appearance; (2) enthusiasm; (3) salesmanship, eye contact, and crowd survey; (4) effective communication of buyer participation to the auctioneer. The judges' decision is final.
Contest Procedures: In the first round of the auctioneer competition, each contestant will sell three items. Two of the three items will be furnished by the contestant with a minimum value of $25.00 each. Judges will select the top 10 contestants to advance to the finals. In the case of a tie, all contestants tied for the last position will be eligible to participate in the finals. During the final round, each contestant will participate in a short interview and sell two items. Finalists will be sequestered during the interviews, any attempt to circumvent the integrity of this rule, including use of electronic devices, will result in disqualification. In the event of a tie, each contestant will sell one additional item, alternating order, until the tie is broken. The results of each contestant’s individual scoring will be mailed to them. In the Ringman competition, each contestant will work with at least two auctioneers. There may be an interview question asked of the participants. Announcements made the day of competition take precedence over all previous announcements. The Contest Chair shall establish all final rules and procedures.
Awards: The auctioneer competition winner will receive an entry fee to the 2022 International Auctioneers Championship valued at $500 and $500 prize money and a belt buckle. The Reserve Champion will receive $300 prize money, Runner-up will receive $200 prize money. All will receive a plaque, including top rookie (three years of auctioneering experience or less). The Ringman competition winner will receive the Jon Moravec Memorial Ringman Award, and a plaque sponsored by Moravec Auction Company.
Declaration of Contest: It is the intent of the Nebraska Auctioneers Association that this competition be conducted as an auction open to the public. All sales are considered bona-fide actual sales.
Contest Chair: Scott Jarman, Phone: (402) 906-02642021 Nebraska Auctioneers Association Auctioneer & Ringman Championship Form & Rules
NeAA Scholarship Forms- 2021
Be sure to use forms included in the packet and that all forms are complete. Please use this checklist when returning your scholarship packet. Return the application information packet via certified mail to Kelly Augustin POSTMARKED BY Monday March 1st, 2021. Please email Kelly Augustin at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know your scholarship application has been sent. Winners will be notified by April 10th, 2021.
2021 Convention Forms will be posted soon
Check out the 2021 event information!
- 2021 Convention Registration Forms
- Membership Application
- 2021 Contest Entry