Three scholarships, $1000 each, will be awarded at the State Convention. The Scholarship program benefits members by assisting their children/step-children and grandchildren/step-grandchildren of auctioneers and/or auxiliary members as they pursue higher education.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be a child/stepchild or grandchild/step-grandchild of an Nebraska Auctioneers Association (NeAA) and/or Nebraska Auctioneers Association Auxiliary (NeAAA) member with continuous membership for the past 5 years or an auctioneer up to the age of 25 who is a member of the NeAA and/or the NeAAA for the past 3 years.
- Applicant’s parent(s)/step-parent and/or grandparent(s)/step-grandparent(s) must have attended the Nebraska Auctioneer Association’s (NeAA) annual convention at least 2 out of the last 5 years and auctioneers must have attended the NeAA annual convention for 2 out of the last 3 years.
- Applicant must be graduating, have graduated or hold a GED diploma from an accredited high school and have been accepted into a qualified college, university or school of technology or have completed coursework at a qualified college, university or school of technology.
- Applicants may apply more than once, but can only be awarded a scholarship one time.
- The winner of the NeAA or NeAAA scholarship must successfully complete one (1) quarter/semester of higher education and present proof of completion to the NeAAA before money will be awarded. A check for the full amount will be made out to the scholarship winner and the school that they are attending.
- The Scholarship Application Packet is available to be downloaded between November 1st and April 1st by clicking on the Scholarship Application Packet link above.
- Completed Scholarship Application Packets must be mailed by Certified Mail and POST MARKED no later than April 1, 2017 and returned to Lindy Elson, President of the Nebraska Auctioneer Association Auxiliary. Winners will be notified by May 1, 2017.
- Winners will be announced to the Association at the Annual Convention Banquet.
President, Nebraska Auctioneers Association Auxiliary
Old West Realty & Auction
PO Box 153, 310 Center Ave.
Curtis, NE 69025